DISCLAIMER FOR CALIFORNIA USERS.
INFORMATION WE COLLECT ABOUT YOU AND HOW WE COLLECT IT
We collect several types of information from and about users, including information:
- By which you may be personally identified, such as name, postal address, e-mail address or telephone number ("personal information");
- Regarding your bank name, account number, and routing number.
- That is about you but individually does not identify you, such as non- personal demographic information.
- About your internet connection, the equipment you use to access our Site and usage details.
We collect this information:
- Directly from you when you provide it to us.
- Automatically as you navigate through the Site. Information collected automatically may include usage details, IP addresses and information collected through cookies, web beacons and/or other tracking technologies.
INFORMATION YOU PROVIDE TO US
The information we collect may include:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our Site. This includes information provided at the time of registering to use our Site, sending or receiving checks, subscribing to our emails or text messages, posting material or requesting further services.
- Records and copies of your correspondence (including e-mail addresses), if you contact us.
- Photos of checks that you scan when you agree for eMailACheck to access your mobile device camera.
- Your responses to surveys that we might ask you to complete for research purposes.
- Details of transactions you carry out through our Site. You are required to provide financial information to register your account before sending checks through our Site.
- Your search queries to the Site.
- Information provided to us through social networks or third-party platforms when you, for example, engage with our social media content, or communicate with us via social media (such as your name, email, profile picture, likes, location, friend list, photos or other information described by the applicable social network or platform).
What information is stored in the eMailACheck database?
- Payor - Our secure database only stores information provided by a Payor during the SignUp and activation process. This includes your name, address, email address, telephone, bank name, bank account, and bank routing number.
- eMailACheck does not receive any information about checks going directly from Sender to Receiver's email (Payee) other than the amount of the check and to whom it is being e-mailed.
- Payee - Only information provided by Payee during the signup process is stored in our secure database.
- None of the information stored or monitored by us is shared with any third-party who is otherwise not providing administrative services for us. Additionally, access to stored information is limited to authorized individuals of the software provider.
USAGE DETAILS, IP ADDRESSES AND COOKIES
As you navigate through and interact with our Site, or our advertising or applications on third-party websites and services, we may automatically collect certain information about your equipment, browsing actions and patterns, including:
- Details of your visits to our Site, including traffic data, location data, logs and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on the Website.
- Information about your computer or handheld device and internet connection, including your IP address, operating system and browser type.
The information we collect automatically is statistical data, and does not
alone identify any individual. It helps us to improve our Site and to deliver
a better and more personalized service by enabling us to:
- Estimate our audience size and usage patterns.
- Store information about your preferences, allowing us to customize our Site according to your individual interests.
- Speed up your searches.
- Recognize you when you return to our Site.
The technologies we use for this automatic data collection may include:
- Flash Cookies. Certain features of our Site may use local stored objects (or Flash cookies) to collect and store information about your preferences and navigation to, from and on our Site. Flash cookies are not managed by the same browser settings as are used for browser cookies.
- Web Beacons. We may place the tags on our webpages called “web beacons.” These are computer instructions that link web pages to particular web servers and their cookies.
THIRD PARTY WEB ANALYTICS SERVICES
You may deactivate the ability of Google Analytics to analyze your browsing activities on our website. To disable Google Analytics, please download the browser add-on provided by Google at https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout?hl=en. To learn more about privacy and Google Analytics please consult the Google Analytics overview provided by Google at: https://www.google.com/intl/en/analytics/privacyoverview.html
We may also use third-party platforms and technology, including platforms operated by social networks, such as Google and Facebook to show you interest-based ads. These companies have specific Interest-Based Ads programs that match people that have shown interest in eMailACheck through our websites, or other services with users on their platforms and properties. If we participate in these programs, we convert your personal information (which may include name, email address or telephone number) or other information into a unique value which can be matched by those third parties to a user on their platform or with other data they may have collected from you. This matching allows us to deliver interest-based ads to users of these platforms. To opt-out of these ads, you must change your advertising preferences for those third-party platforms. You can manage your preferences for these advertising programs by clicking on the following relevant links: for Facebook click here, for Google click here. These platforms may have their own privacy notices or policies, which we strongly suggest you review.
HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION
We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any personal information:
- To manage your account.
- To present our Site and its contents to you.
- To provide you with information, products or services that you request.
- To process your transaction.
- To fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it.
- To notify you about changes to our Site or any products or services we offer or provide though it.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our Site.
- For online promotions and interactive user content.
- In any other way we may describe when you provide the information.
- To tailor ads displayed to you based on your interests and history with us.
- Respond to your inquiries.
- For any other purpose with your consent.
DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATION
- To our subsidiaries and affiliates. (Note: We do NOT share any banking information with such entities)
- To contractors, service providers and other third parties we use to support our business and who are bound by contractual obligations to keep personal information confidential and use it only for the purposes for which we disclose it to them.
- To a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution or other sale or transfer of some or all of eMailACheck’s assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by eMailACheck is among the assets transferred.
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it. For example, if you give us an e-mail address to use the "e-mail a friend" feature of our website, we will transmit the contents of that e-mail and your e-mail address to the recipients.
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information.
- With your consent.
We may also disclose your personal information:
- To comply with any court order, law or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request.
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of eMailACheck, our customers or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
CHOICES ABOUT HOW WE USE AND DISCLOSE YOUR INFORMATION
We strive to provide you with choices regarding the personal information you provide to us.
Promotional Offers from the Company. If you do not wish to have your e-mail address, cell phone number or other contact information used by the Company to promote our own or our third-party partner’s products or services, you can opt- out by sending us an e-mail stating your request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
If we have sent you a promotional e-mail, you can tell us not to send you promotional e-mail by clicking on the unsubscribe link within the emails you receive from us. If you no longer wish to receive text messages, you can text STOP to the five-digit short code for the text messaging program from which you no longer wish to receive messages (i.e., the five-digit number from which the text messages are being sent).
We do not control third parties' collection or use of your information to serve interest-based advertising. However, these third parties may provide you with ways to choose not to have your information collected or used in this way. To learn more about advertising networks and to opt out of interest-based advertising, visit the Digital Advertising Alliance at www.aboutads.info/choices or the Network Advertising Initiative at www.networkadvertising.org/choices.
REVIEWING, UPDATING AND MODIFYING PERSONAL INFORMATION
Subject to applicable law, you may have the right to request access to and receive details about the personal information we maintain about you, update and correct inaccuracies in your personal information, and have the information blocked or deleted, as appropriate. The right to access personal information may be limited in some circumstances by local law requirements. We may take reasonable steps to verify your identity before granting access or making corrections. You may request to review, change or delete your personal information by sending an email to email@example.com
Notice to California Residents
In response to a California law, we will automatically treat individuals with California addresses or telephone numbers (when disclosed to us) as if you requested us to not share your information with nonaffiliated third parties except as permitted by the applicable California law. We will also limit the sharing of information about you with our affiliates to comply with California privacy laws that apply to us.
Notice to Users Outside of the United States
HOW DO WE PROTECT YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION?
We use many different measures to help protect information transmitted over or stored on our systems. For example, your Personal Information is contained behind secured networks, and is encrypted when transmitted to us via Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology, to try and keep the information secure. In addition, the payment information you provide us is processed by a third-party payment gateway and processor. We regularly review our information collection, storage and processing practices, including physical security measures, to guard against unauthorized access to systems.
Children Under 18
Our Site is not intended to be used by children under 18 years old. You represent and warrant that you are at least 18 years of age. If you are under age 18, you may not use the Website or services. We do not knowingly collect personal information from or target our Website or services to children under the age 18. We understand that there may be exceptions to this rule including, but not limited to children who are emancipated. If we discover that the Website is being used inappropriately, we will take steps, if possible, to disable access so that the individual may no longer access our website.
If you have any questions about your personal information or this policy, please contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org, or by using the contact details below:
5901 NW 151 ST SUITE 126
MIAMI, FL 33014
FAX 305827 7133